From:
Date:
Tue, 12 May 2015 16:56:08 +0200
Am 12.05.2015 um 16:34 schrieb Joseph Wright:

> Probably we should add something: as Ulrike says, at the very least
> \prop_show should complain.

we probably should, but I don't think that \prop_show:N would be the
right place. True, some other "prop" functions do seem to work if you
start from a "c" generated name rather than with \prop_new:N but this is
at best by chance: they are defective and who knows what other defects
are hidden or appear if further "prop" functions are being written.

So despite the time penalty I think a quick check always that an
argument that should be a "prop" is not equal to \relax is safer.