From:
Lars Hellström <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:38:22 +0200
Bruno Le Floch skrev 2012-09-26 11.05:
>> I think 'incoming details' probably need to go to some archived list,
>> which means either here or the team e-mail address. To avoid spamming
>> too many people, I guess the latter might be preferable.
>
> I'm fine with either (since I'll be spammed in both cases :)).

I'd suggest that you initially set up a dedicated e-mail address which
redirects to LATEX-L.

The rationale for the latter is that in order to establish a convention, it
is seldom sufficient to just post the rules and set up the administrative
machinery; one must also raise communal awareness of the convention. One of
the most effective ways of doing this is to let members of the community
observe how others are following the convention, but that won't happen if
traffic goes to a list only seen by team members.

The point of having a dedicated email address is that if it later turns out
that LATEX-L is getting flooded by this (IMHO unlikely, especially in view
of how much LATEX-L traffic historically varies anyway) then you can change
the forward to the team list. Or alternatively switch to some manner of
digest format. Having a separate email address also simplifies regularising
the postings before forwarding them, e.g. using a specific Subject heading
to make it easier to search for these messages later.

Lars Hellström