From:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2015 14:58:53 +0100
Am 08.01.2015 um 14:50 schrieb David Carlisle:
> I think the relevant part of the doc is
>
> %   Particularly, a number of broken or ugly design sizes are no
> %   longer used, the look of the bold sans serif typeface at large
> %   sizes is considerably improved, and mismatches between the text
> %   fonts and the corresponding math fonts are avoided.  As a side
> %   effect, PostScript and PDF documents may become smaller, because
> %   fewer fonts need to be embedded.
>
> So while like any design choice it could be questioned, I think the
> fact that it does not use all the provided design-size fonts is
> certainly deliberate. (I assume the above is  Walter Schmidt's original
> documentation text, but I didn't check just now.)

it is most certainly Walter's original documentation.

as to changing this package. It really falls into the same bucket then
the standard class files. This kind of design
change/correction/improvement/change of mind/whatever is really
something we can't do without impacting a huge amount of existing documents.

If at all this would need to be a new package (as sad as this is to
spoil a name).

cheers