From:
"Joel C. Salomon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2019 18:55:10 -0500
I recently tried to draw a book’s title-page in LaTeX (designed in
SVG, but XeTeX supports the font much better than Inkscape does) and
tried using xcoffins. Correction—I entirely succeeded in using
xcoffins, but I’m not satisfied with how I managed it.

The issue, of course, is as in
<https://medium.com/@literallywords/82eb07effe34#acdc>, placing the
text at some particular place on the page. I ended up measuring the
offset from where I thought the text should be to where it ended up,
figring out which paragraph dimension was causing the change, and
hard-coding this.

I quite understand that this is appropriate for the usual use-case of
coffins, but it did get me wondering: As l3draw is gradually
completed, presumably it will develop nodes like TikZ’s `(current
page.center)`. Is it anticipated that l3draw and coffins will
eventually interoperate sufficiently to base a coffin offset from a
l3draw node?

—Joel C. Salomon