From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 23:27:45 +0930
On 07/09/2008, at 11:14 PM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a reason expl3 has
>
> \clist_put_right:Nx
> \clist_put_left:Nx
>
> but no
>
> \clist_gput_right:Nx
> \clist_gput_left:Nx
>
> when the other (non-expanded) variants are all available as gpu and
> put
> variations?  As it stands, I have to use \clist_put_right:Nx for a
> global list: not good.

I agree. l3seq and l3tlp exhibit similar inconsistencies. Since it's
hardly any extra code to include in the base package, I'd argue for
extending most of these functions to support as many variants as
reasonably possible -- and to be consistent between modules, as well.

I've got to run now, but I'll take a look at fleshing these out over
the next couple of days.

Will