From:
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 23:35:16 +0200
Werner Lemberg writes:

 > > c) is the situation where i think we can get to as long as we use TeX
 > > as a basis and it is the scheme i intend to adopt for the new language
 > > interface for LaTeX for which the conceptual work is mostly done and
 > > trial implementation is done in parts.
 >
 > Hear, hear! Of course I will not ask you when something is available for
 > testing :-)

a prototype of the language interface i talked about in japan was
written some time ago in an experimental kernel language that David is
going to talk about in SF. As for public availibility for testing we
have to see but i still hope that something at least as an
experimental package is available with the december release.