Sender:
From:
Achim Blumensath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 08:55:43 +0100
Hello,

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Lars Hellström wrote:
> At 14.25 +0100 2000-12-20, Achim Blumensath wrote:
> >I've written some templates to specify the page layout.
>
> Looks nice. [NB: I haven't got the page with me right now, so I might
> remember some of the following incorrectly. Anyway:] I especially like the
> golden ratio template, but shouldn't one determine the text height from the
> width rather than the other way around?

Well, I don't know what is more natural in practice, but since the height
should be a multiple of \baselineskip while there are no restrictions on
the width (except for an upper bound) I chose this direction.

> The main unresolved problem (which probably should be handled in connection
> to the page layout) is however how the text height and main galley height
> should be related (I have written about that before), but I you would need
> support from the output routine to sort that one out.

Sorry, I can't remember what you've written about this. What is the
difference between text height and main galley height? In my templates
text height is the height of the text block without page head and foot but
including footnotes and floats.

Achim
   Achim Blumensath                                          \O/ \___/\ |
   Mathematische Grundlagen der Informatik                   =o=  \ /\ \|
   www-mgi.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~blume                  /"\   o----|