Sender:
From:
Phillip Helbig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:48:57 GMT
> > but probably one reason one hears so many complaints about it is because
> > one expects more from a cathedral (well, someone said His Billness is
> > the Antichrist, but you get the idea[1]).

The [1] was supposed to refer to a footnote I forgot to put in.  See
below for the Fortran90 code!

> If Bill were The Pope then   (maybe the if is redundanrt here?)

Would there be an increase in premarital sex in Redmond?

> Or if The Pope ran MS then

At least there would be a functioning support network.

> Eg the US of A?  (Just got that one in before Sebastian.)  But perhaps
> that is one country that does want to be judged by the media it lives on?

I was thinking of the fact that one usually only hears about countries
in the news when something bad happens.

I hear Monica's selling her story.  Could she get more if it was Bill
Gates instead of Bill Clinton?  Would it be more believable?  Would she
have said `so THAT's why you call it microsoft'?

--
Phillip Helbig                          Email ......... [log in to unmask]
Nuffield Radio Astronomy Laboratories   Tel. .... +44 1477 571 321 (ext. 297)

My opinions are not necessarily those of NRAL or the University of Manchester.