Sender:
From:
Heiko Oberdiek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 21:09:47 +0200
On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Frank Mittelbach wrote:

> The problem in that area is (as i recall that
> there are are numberof hacks around that actually define  \pdfoutput in
> certain situations. Those would trip a package like this.

Because of the \pdfoutput problem I have written a small
package "ifpdf" in order to reduce the number of hacks and
as a try for a standard method for asking \pdfoutput.
Properties:
* No change of \pdfoutput.
* Checks for \pdfoutput=\undefined and \pdfoutput=\relax
  (a previous check can have used \csname pdfoutput\endcsname).
* Then \pdfoutput=0 ==> DVI mode, \pdfoutput>0 ==> PDF mode
* Sets switch \ifpdf.
* LaTeX packages, but plain compatible.

> ps Hideo/Heiko: if you are not on latex-l you may not be able to reply
> sucessfully to this message without subscribing

I am subscribed.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <[log in to unmask]>