Sender:
From:
Joerg Knappen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:18:57 +0000
Phillip Helbig schrieb:

> What are the prospects for coming up with some standard journal macros,
> including a BibTeX-style front matter handler, embracing the physical
> and social sciences and also getting all publishers and editors to
> encourage their use as well as distribute proper BibTeX files.

We (i. e. Jens Kloecker, Michael Piotrowski, Frank Holzwarth and JKn)
want to develop a standard _scientific article_ class in a BOF session
at EuroTeX99 to be hold in Heidelberg from September 20--24.

We want to emphasize the idea of a document class as a markup
language. The rendering of the article will of course follow
different styles for each publisher (and even vary from journal
to journal with the same publisher). In fact, front matter and
bibliography are our two main targets in the design of this class.

We hope to come up with a new class usable with different publishers.

J"org Knappen
Electronic Technologies
Springer-Verlag Heidelberg

===> EuroTeX99: http://uk.tug.org/EuroTeX-99/ <===