Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 19:09:28 +0200
From: David Kastrup <[log in to unmask]>
Jonathan Fine <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> My code was not production ready. I accept David's correction.
>
> With David's correction, do the LaTeX experts here see any fundamental
> reason why this would not work?

If anybody wants to work with \mathcode`< = "8000 then things will
likely take a bad turn.

At any rate, any definitions using < and > will then use the catcode 13
version and when spanish is turned on, all of them will break.

There is a reason turning on the catcodes is delayed until the start of
document.

--
David Kastrup