Sender:
From:
Achim Blumensath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 21:32:22 CET
Frank Mittelbach wrote:
> i don't think that those templates are right but i guess they can serve
> as a basis to discuss this area and i hope they spawn further discussion
> and interest.

Something I think is difficult to archive with your templates are per
chapter TOCs. If each chapter has its own table of contents there has to
be some method to tell `processcontents' which part it should print.
Either one could add an argument to `processcontents' containing, say,
the serial number of the chapter in question, or `processcontents' has
to get this information from some global variable. The disadvantage of
the first solution is that one has to modify the definitions for some
minor special case, whereas the second case destroys the clean
separation between various parts of the system.

Achim
    //  Achim Blumensath       | \  _                        \O/ \___/\ |
   //   [log in to unmask]   |-< /_\                       =o=  \ /\ \|