Sender:
From:
Frank Mittelbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 20:12:45 +0100
Robin Fairbairns writes:
 > Each to his own, but let's *not* waste ANY MORE BANDWIDTH on the LaTeX
 > mailing list about it.  And please let's not play silly buggers
 > mime-ifying messages that don't need them, OK?

thanks very much for

 a) changing the subject some time ago
 b) suggesting to stop this type of extremely unproductive discussion

contrary to some people who seem to write interesting remarks to any
topic they see flying by during the day i do scan this type of mail
usually in the evening after work which means that

 a) i pay for every mail message that comes through my phone line
    which is a lot

 b) i easily overlook the interesting messages

 c) i don't get much time to productively work on *real* stuff that
    might be useful to others

i think it would be much more helpful if people would write less
handwaving mails and instead think a bit first and then produce more
thoughtful messages instead of just making sure that everybody knows
they are currently online

to the questions discussed lately on this list this would be (from my
point of view)

- further comments on the interface proposal for frontmatter

- an alternative proposal with reasoning why different

- thoughts on keyword value syntax for such a proposal

- or some older stuff like language interfaces; nobody ever bothered
to argue the ideas brought forward by chris and me in that article for
TUG97

- or ...

all under an appropriate subject line please

frank (feeling frustated after a day working on monitoring software
for SAP --- and no, i don't what to know yor thoughts on SAP not on
this list anyway :-)