Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 13:52:16 +0200
At 12:37 +0200 97/10/06, Bernard GAULLE wrote:
>..So, may be,
>the document hierarchy should not exactly be seen as suggested but
>preferably like this:
>
>\documentclass{MyJournal}
>\usepackage[WithToc,WithoutIndex,% some global options of interest
>            DeferedBiblio,EvenStartingPage]{mmarticle}
>   \begin{document}
>
>     \begin{mmarticle}
>     \documentclass{article}     % Start of article 1 class
>     \begin{document}
>       %% Article 1 stuff
>     \end{document}              % End of article 1 class
>     \end{mmarticle}

  Well, the idea is that the different document hierarchy entities involved
should be able to program whatever they want, plus being able to handshake
the information they need to exchange. (I just did not go into the details.)

  So sure, a journal option should be able to tell if it is supposed to
override the corresponding article option, or if it is supposed take effect
only if the article does not override it.

  Hans Aberg
                  * AMS member: Listing <http://www.ams.org/cml/>
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>