Sender:
From:
"Prabir G. Dastidar" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:17:18 -0000
Thanks you very much Robin for the reply. At least you have shown
a way. I will go by that..

I am using Pentium III PC. Windows 98 is the platform.

Prabir

On Wed, 06 Mar 2002 Robin Fairbairns wrote :
>first, we (the latex project) are really not good people to ask
>for
>help ... in general.  we're here to think about the future, not
>the
>details of getting things done today.  immediate help is best got
>via
>one of the sources mentioned in
>
>http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=maillists
>
> > Would anybody guide me how to install it. Step by step guide
>will
> > be of great help.I could download directories- base,
>contrib,
> > exptl, packages, required etc. But little confused how to go
> > about?
>
>second, since you don't tell us which style of computer you're
>using,
>it's not immediately clear where to start.
>
>http://www.tug.org/
>
>has listings of "distributions" (complete tex and latex systems)
>that
>are what you need, to start with.  get used to the basic system
>before
>branching out to use of the huge masses of contributed material
>or our
>experimental stuff.  (any distribution will give you base and
>required
>in total anyway.)
>
>Robin Fairbairns
>
>For the LaTeX Team

Prabir G. Dastidar
Principal Scientific Officer
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS,
Department of Ocean Development'
Plot No:3
Nandagiri Layout
Jubliee Hills