Sender:
From:
Phillip Helbig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 17:02:37 GMT
> One very useful feature for electronic journals would be the
> possibility of putting a separate table of contents in each chapter
> of the standard book or report style.

Not sure I understand this one...

> The chapters could then be used for separate articles in an issue.

Sounds good in principle, but in practice the journal styles are so far
removed from the standard LaTeX styles that it's more useful to think of
them as independent entities, rather than as variants of standard LaTeX
styles.  However, article is probably closer than book to what is used
in most journals.

> The motivation for tables of contents is hyperlinks: A hyperlinked
> table of contents makes an article more accessible when read
> electronically.

Seems to me that ONE table of contents per issue would be enough (with
links to it from each article/chapter); why the need for a separate TOC
in each chapter---or am I confused?

> Would this be a reasonable request to make of the latex project?

That's for them to say:|

--
Phillip Helbig                          Email ... [log in to unmask]
Nuffield Radio Astronomy Laboratories   Tel. ..... +44 1477 571 321 (ext. 297)

My opinions are not necessarily those of NRAL or the University of Manchester.