Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Narendra Ravi <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 15:00:43 -0700
> but before going into interface questions, what are the items related
> to language? what are the answers to the above questions?
>
> good night
> frank

I have been following this discussion and agree with Frank. I have one
request/suggestion. There must already exist a list of language dependent
items under consideration. It will help a lot if this list is posted to
this mailing list. This will give us an idea of what Frank is talking
about.

Judging from the discussion so far, the only issue of concern across
different languages seems to be hyphenation. I'm sure several people will
correct me :-).

Dates are not really an issue, because, I consider dates to have a meaning,
and authors are responsible for all content related issues. In my opinion
both  "Dec 10, 1996" and  "9 Jan 1997" are OK. If authors choose to write
the date in a different form, then they are risking misinterpretation.

LaTeX can and must only handle aspects of presentation and not interpret
the content of documents.

 -- Narendra Ravi     Email : [log in to unmask]