From:
Martin Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:07:12 +0200
>From: Rune Mathisen <[log in to unmask]>
>Newsgroups: comp.text.sgml,comp.text.tex
>Subject: Ann: ISO character entities and their LaTeX equivalents
>Date: 07 Sep 1998 15:33:31 +0200

We have been making documentation on the entity character sets given
in the ISO 8879 (SGML) standard. The aim is twofold:

(1) Provide the mappings necessary to translate
    SGML documents to TeX/LaTeX.
(2) Provide documentation on how the characters look
    by producing glyphs (using LaTeX of course).
    This will also work the other way around: it is actually
    a neat reference for LaTeX users needing some special symbol.

   ISObox is missing.

Further work:
-- We are including mappings to Unicode.
-- We will add other character entity sets:
   ISO TR 9573-13, HTML-4, MathML
-- We want someone to help us write a database application (SQL)
   to sort and present the symbols for different purposes
   ...and replace SDATA fields in entity files.
-- We need help finding more documentation on
   -- font packages for TeX/LaTeX.
   -- other (public) character entity sets.

See:
http://home.sol.no/~mathrune/isoent/

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!
Please respond to <[log in to unmask]>.

--
Rune Mathisen <[log in to unmask]>
Vidar Gundersen <[log in to unmask]>

End of forwarded message.

--
               Martin Schr"oder, [log in to unmask]
Internet: Thousands of people mostly unaware of the sight and sound