From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:48:33 +0100
Achim,

 > In my case, I think the general design is ok. So there is no need to
 > comment on that.

well thanks for replying anyway :-)

and i don't quite agree on the "there is no need"

 a) how should i know that silence means agreement rather than, of no
 interest?

 b) all the replies so far, prompted by my plea against silence brought
 forward some good points and comments to think about for me (and others)

 > But in order to comment on the details they should be
 > published first.

right, it is kind of difficult to comment on details not known. however i
still hope that i do not only get comments but also sometimes some details
in return  --- now i know this is difficult but ...

 > You said several times that you couldn't release the
 > code of template because it depends on some unfinished other things.
 > Perhaps it would be a good idea to just post a list of those templates
 > without an actual implementation, just with a description of the
 > arguments, attributes, and semantics.

right again, will try to see what i can provide soon. my main problem these
days is finding the time --- with the Y2K hype most of the 24 hours of a day
seems to vanish elsewhere