From:
LARONDE Thierry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2020 07:23:40 +0200
Hello Karl,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 03:01:51PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     initial documentations/articles that list the primitives
>     needed and what they have to achieve?
>
> I am not sure if it is complete, but there was a list provided in the
> LaTeX news of the time:
>
> https://www.latex-project.org/news/2020/02/02/issue31-of-latex2e-released/
> -> https://www.latex-project.org/news/latex2e-news/ltnews31.pdf
>
> As for documentation, the pdftex manual, at least, describes them all in
> its usual terse way. Not sure about doc for the other engines. If the
> pdftex doc needs improving, let me know.

Thanks for the pointers!

> LaTeXers - personally, I think it would be nice if the "primitive
> requirements" became a permanent part of the LaTeX
> documentation. (Apologies if they already there.) Maybe?
>
>     rather than any technical restriction: pdfTeX is GPL.
>
> FWIW, I suspect Thanh would not have a problem with allowing use of
> those primitive implementations under CC0 or any other license terms.
>
> Thierry, let me know if I should ask him ... --best, karl.

Thank you for the help. For the moment, I will start by absorbing the
documentation. And will give an update (since I will have to try to do
this on my spare time, it will take some time) if I need help or if I
would like to use an adapted existing implementation with a problematic
(from the kerTeX license point of view) licence.

Best regards,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                http://www.kergis.com/kertex.html
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/