Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:43:39 -0500
From: William Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
On Mar 7, 2012, at 8:44 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

> On 07/03/2012 13:13, William Adams wrote:
>> Returning to working on an xexemltex project
>
> some flavour of xmltex?

xmltex running on top of xetex.

> In theory the file unicode.tex which is linked from the final section of
>
> http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007doc/Overview.html
>
> includes TeX definitions of all of the html/mathml
> characters.

I believe you mean unicode.xml?

> No one has touched the xmltex sources for a decade or more

Should I not be using it? I'm looking at openjade and jadetex now and trying to wrap what's left of my mind around it. In the past when I've had to typeset XML I've ``just'' used nifty Plain TeX macros which Jeff McArthur wrote up (somewhere on comp.text.tex is a a brilliant writeup of an early version of these if memory serves), so xmltex seemed like the perfect way to leverage my knowledge of LaTeX for this.

Thanks!

William

--
William Adams