Sender:
From:
Marcel Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:48:21 +0100
I have revised my summary of the multilingual discussion.  Bill
Hammond kindly started marking up the document (he actually used
GELLMU, but I ran into problems and out of time, so I just pulled the
plug and used standard LaTeX markup -- sorry, Bill), and I revised and
amended the document to (hopefully) take everybody's comments into
account.

The document in its current state is very much unfinished.  Since I
have hard time constraints this week, the main goal of the current
revision was to keep track of everything brought up so far.
Therefore, I have not done very much careful editing.  (Especially the
appendices are really cut-and paste right now, so if someone feels
like revising one of them wholesale, please feel welcome!)

Comments, especially concerning Sections 2 and 3, are always welcome.
(Right now I'd actually like to make the document shorter, not longer,
so anything that helps is welcome.)

If one of your relevant contributions did not show up, consider it
lost, and I'd very much appreciate it resent as private mail.

The document has grown quite a bit, so I put in on the Web, it's at

  http://na.uni-tuebingen.de/~oliver/latex/encodings-2.tex

for the LaTeX source and

  http://na.uni-tuebingen.de/~oliver/latex/encodings-2/index.html

for the HTML version.