From:
Chris Rowley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:37:05 +0200
Sebastian wrote --

>  to make the TeX part of formatting SGML with DSSSL work smoothly,
> but thats not helping LaTeX much.

It sounds to me as if it would be very helpful to LaTeX3: as Sebastian
pointed out earlier, this would replace sopme uses of LaTeX and it
would therefore have to resolve a lot of the less technical (in the
sense of detailed) problems that we are faced with in designing LaTeX3
since this is precisely one of the goals of LaTeX3 (see ltx3info.tex).

chris