From:
Markus Kohm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 20:51:42 +0200
Am Dienstag, 2. Juli 2002 19:46 hast du geschrieben:
> but it is rather
> counterproductive unless the original author really does wish this. And i
> think the general feeling (and that is why Donald brought this up) is that
> in most cases the original authors would be quite happy to see their
> packages maintained after they stop,

So there are authors with two different interests. Maybe you should add also
an example how to declare The Programm to be lppl but not allow change of
maintainer, something like:

    %% Copyright 2001 M. Y. Name
    %
    % This program may be distributed and/or modified under the
    % conditions of the LaTeX Project Public License, either version 1.3
    % of this license or (at your option) any later version, but maintainer
    % may not change without asking the current maintainer.
    % The latest version of this license is in
    %   http://www.latex-project.org/lppl.txt
    % and version 1.3 or later is part of all distributions of LaTeX
    % version 2002/06/01 or later.
    %
    % This program consists of the files pig.dtx and pig.ins
    % and the derived file pig.sty.

And I think, you should tell about the new conditions at the LaTeX news.

Markus