From:
Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:52:41 +0200

Richard Walker wrote:
>This was my reaction too.  And the new names are often not transparent
>renamings of the original - as you point out, some are subtly
>different.  You need to know not only the new names but you need to
>keep the implementations in mind too.

  I think the contrary: This is a very good, bold move, that is, if it can
be made to work. One then becomes independent of that old PlainTeX once for
all, and is free to build up an entirely new consistent logical structure.
This will perhaps prepare for a new version of TeX, which can take care of
the new LaTeX3 structures efficiently.

  That is, if it can be made practical... So give it a try, I would say.
(It is probably more difficult to implement the feature at a later stage
than removing it if it does not work.)

  Hans Aberg
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
                  * Home Page: <http://www.matematik.su.se/~haberg/>