From:
Chris Rowley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 23:55:58 +0100
Robin Fairbairns wrote --

> there were plans, once upon a time, remember.  that's why there's
> `supported' and `other'.

plans for what?

As I recall, that division was made as it is one that the ctan
maintainers could manage ... it was not much to do with what anyone
thought was more (or less) useful.

> but what with writers of high-quality stuff (such as donald arseneau)
> going for other/misc for most submissions, and the fact that pretty
> much anything goes to supported unless the author claims he really
> doesn't want it, the distinction has rather faded.

I had not realised that it was breaking down in such amazing ways!
But I sympathise with Donald not wanting to claim any support for
his stuff:-)!

chris