From:
Javier Bezos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:24:36 -0000
> Javier Bezos a écrit :
>> and my little lua-inputenc does that, mainly for testing purposes
>
> I just discovered it, it's great! What kind of things are still to
> implement in it? It seems a rather simple and good solution... It
> doesn't work for an aux file for example, but are there other issues?
> Are you interested in going further in this style, or more in letting
> someone else finish it? If we manage to fix the aux file issue, maybe we
> can integrate it into TeXLive 2009...

Feel free to copy it or even to continue working on it (I presume
I'd need to tell the CTAN team you can become the maintainer, if
you want). BTW, it should work with aux files, with the activechars
option, because chars are written in the LICR, ie, an encoding
independent form.

As to the fonts, one of my approaches was creating an "Unicode"
font on the fly combining the T1 and TS1 files when a T1 was
requested (with a callback). This would allow to use current
fonts without changes and to avoid the LICR mechanism, based
on active chars - this is very important (in fact, it's
essential) in a non Latin context, to provide an interface
not based solely in English.

Javier