"J.Fine" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:21:58 +0000
Joseph wrote:

> I think that it's likely that dictionaries will be implemented using
> data "packed" inside another variable, rather than as csnames. This
> makes it easier to do things like "clear the dictionary" without needing
> to know every entry type.

Ah.  So something like

\def\mydict{\@@dict{
  \@item{apple}{Jonathan}%
  \@item{plum}{Victoria}%
}}

If you have to program this sort of thing in TeX, something like this may be a good idea.

But I don't think programming everything in TeX is a good idea.  Will LaTeX3 provide a DOM?  Programmed in TeX macros?

--
Jonathan