Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:32:55 +0100
Sender:
From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Hello all,

We are trying to tidy up various outstanding 'loose ends' in expl3: an
ongoing process with an evolving programming approach!

Part of that means depreciating some functions, as it becomes clear that
they are no longer the best approach. In the past this was done on a
slightly 'ad hoc' basis, but we are keen to make things a bit more
formalised. So the plan is that depreciated functions will be moved to
the end of the appropriate .dtx file, with date markers for (1) when
they were depreciated and (2) when they will be removed. We'll also send
a message here to give the same information. This one is quite long, but
subsequent ones will be shorter!

Functions depreciated 2011-04-20, for removal by 2011-07-20:

\seq_top:NN	=>	\seq_get_left:NN
\seq_top:cN	=>	\seq_get_left:cN
\seq_display:N	=>	\seq_show:N
\seq_display:c	=>	\seq_show:c

The \seq_display:N to \seq_show:N revision reflects that fact that
\seq_show:N now gives 'pretty printed' output, and now longer displays
the raw nature of a sequence. (The later is only needed for internal
debugging, and may be accessed using \tk_show:N <sequence>.)