From:
Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:02:42 +0000
Chris Rowley writes:
 > time to breath between writing/editing/reading books in TeX/LaTeX
 > (this does, here, not include Elsevier books as we cannot afford
 > them ... maybe something to do with their understanding of
 > "the market"?:-).
Elsevier does not publish many books, thanks for the advert. we do
indeed operate a in different marketplace, publishing journals and
reference works across the board. you must remember that purchase of
these things goes far beyond the confines of academia where most of
this list seems to come from ...

 > How long this will continue for, I have no idea; but so far Don's and
 > Leslie's predictions of "something ebetter in 10 years" certainly have
 > not been reflected any reality whatsoever.
the industry consortium for the world wide web, surely a major
development of the last decade in anyone's book, takes math on board
as one its   requirements. dont you find that helpful?

sebastian