David Carlisle <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:31:58 GMT
> I think it's best not to deliberately mismatch the braces as a user seeing
> the above control sequence in an error message may easily mistake it for

error messages? latex users don't make errors do they?

er, OK.

So the ground rules should be (in case we need to add new internal
csname types)

a) use matched braces around "sub components of a name"
b) ensure that if names are entered through the documented interface
   that even if an error results in one subcomponent name including a
   brace pair, that name clashes will still not occur.

which leads to a structure more or less like

\TP@<some identifying letter><one or more {} groups >

Sounds reasonable.

David

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp