Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Timothy Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:29:52 +0000
On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 01:03:57PM +0000, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> I cannot speak for the others, but i would very much welcome an agreed
> "recommended" level of packages above the base level, so that one can
> stop saying to people "oh, sorry, you have XXXtex, they dont ship
> package ZZZ"

I wonder if it would not be possible
to lay down a fairly strict protocol
governing "acceptable" packages,
so that one could automate downloading?

At present one actually has to read the README
to find out what to do
(eg put associated font files in the right place).

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: [log in to unmask]