From:
Will Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2009 16:25:54 +1030
Hi Lars,

Thanks for the well-reasoned feedback; please don't hesitate to bring
such issues up when they first start bugging you.

You're right that I sneaked lmodern in because it follows my own
preference; the big factor for me isn't the fonts but rather the T1
encoding; I simply find it a pain to deal with OT1 idiosyncrasies. In
turn, lmodern is the natural choice due to their excellent glyph
coverage and small file size (as opposed to the auto-traced CM-Super
fonts).

On 07/11/2009, at 9:13 AM, Lars Hellström wrote:

> I'd like to have [lmodern] removed, or at least moved to a .cfg file.

Couldn't you create your own .cfg file? (Admittedly, I don't think
it's documented that l3doc will read in l3doc.cfg if it exists.)

\usepackage[OT1]{fontenc}
\renewcommand\rmdefault{cmr}
\renewcommand\sfdefault{cmss}
\renewcommand\ttdefault{cmtt}

While I have no real objection to removing lmodern, in the long run I
would like to default to T1/lmodern in general (not in LaTeX2e, of
course, but anything "new"). Having sensible defaults matters, I
think, and l3doc seems as good a place as any to start with a clean
break.

Does anyone else have opinions on the matter?

-- Will