From:
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:37:59 +0200
Am 20.08.2012 19:31, schrieb Joel C. Salomon:
> Is there a reason l3doc.pdf is not yet included in the l3kernel
> distribution on CTAN?  Is it still too experimental to suggest for
> wide-spread use?

it is certainly not fit for general use, neither quality-wise not in
terms of stability.

it should nevertheless probably be distributed as it should be possible
for people to generate the pdfs themselves.

but we should put a very big disclaimer (in form of some huge \typeout
statements).

That doesn't mean that developers can't use it, but that they have to be
prepared (for now) that sometimes layout may still change, while we
experiment or that something breaks on the doc level or ... :-)

> Also, when typesetting it on my own system, I get this error message
>
> (./l3doc.ind [47]
> ! Misplaced alignment tab character &.
> l.9   \item \verb*&\&&
>                        \pfill \hdclindex{1129}{}{0}, \hdclindex{1142}{}{0}
> ?
>
> (This might answer my first question.)

it certainly shows that something is rotten in the state of Denmark