From:
Robin Fairbairns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:56:30 +0100
william adams wrote:

> Achim said:
> > The problem is not the syntax, but the page layout algorithm that
> > doesn't know what to do with insertions (yet).
>
> Any idea on a time frame for this? It's the one thing which has kept
> me from experimenting w/ it.

anything but the most trivial experiments seem to me to be pretty
tricky -- see below.

> > BTW, I will not write an XML parser for ant. If someone wants such a
> > thing they have to write it themselves.
>
> Am I missing something here? The ways for getting XML into TeX are
> legion, so I don't see why one of the extant solutions for TeX
> wouldn't work for Ant.

you're forgetting the what the acronym means: ant is not tex

there's no tex macro engine in ant, and things like xml decoding need
to be written in the style implementation language (aka "ocaml", the
language ant itself is written in).

robin