Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 17:08:16 +0200
From: LARONDE Thierry <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Hello,

For the ones not listening on tex-implementors, please note that, as
announced, I have created a new engine called: Prote, that consists
of a change file to be applied after etex.ch and before system
dependent changes.

It is like e-TeX: compatible with TeX; one star adds e-TeX features; two
stars add Prote features with, for now, the LaTeX required extensions.

The stuff is considered alpha (the change file applies; the result
compiles; it passes the---adapted---TRIP test; and the primitives act
as I understand they should).

I had lots of questions about the definitions of the primitives. So I
have put extended descriptions of the primitives, default cases, corner
cases and supplementary questions and precisions in the draft of the
manual.

I'd like some of you to review these descriptions and to think about the
questions so that the API will be clearly described---and that I can be
sure that what I have implemented corresponds to what is expected.

Change file and (short) manual are to be found here:

http://kertex.kergis.com/en/prote.html

(This is not publicly visible---from index.html---because it is too
early for users.)

TIA,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/