Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 02:49:52 +0200
At 11:58 +0000 97/10/09, Phillip Helbig wrote:
>>  > Should one break the author's name up into initials and surnames, so
>>  > that the order could be different in the main title and the running head
>>  > and/or different than the order in which the author would have put them
>> you mean the running head might say "Einstein, A"? all i can say is
>> that i have not been ever asked  to do it...

  This in fact a good question, relating to the question of international
features, as the order of the given and family names may vary between
cultures. Thus, a Chinese named "Albert Einstein" probably has "Albert" as
family name. (Never mind the unlikely example, if I'd use "Foo Bar", I
might be blamed racist. :-) )

  Hans Aberg
                  * AMS member: Listing <http://www.ams.org/cml/>
                  * Email: Hans Aberg <[log in to unmask]>