From:
Kelly Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2018 06:47:02 +0200
Hello,

I've been thinking a lot about it, so these are my thoughts on my own question.

Some things that I am building into the class, including font size and page
layout facilities, probably belong in a kernel, but the 2e kernel doesn’t
really provide these sorts of interfaces, so for the time being, it's necessary
to make them part of the class instead.

The commands I'm providing do a similar sort of abstraction that I see in the
geometry package and the memoir class, so I think that they are reasonable.
However, for the sake of uniformity and simplicity, I will not use the kinds of
syntactic extensions that are sometimes seen in geometry and memoir.

-Kelly