Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:22:43 +0000
From: Chris Rowley <[log in to unmask]>
Apologies for the brevity.

I have not had time to look at the details from Lars but his emphasis on analysing the many different TeXie things that look like a string is spot on.

Also note that (as maybe someone already pointed out) in general a 'string of Unicode characters' is itself a rather slippery beast.  Thus when you 'put Unicode inside TeX' (whatever nmeaning you give that phrase) strings could be even more underspecified than Lars' list shows.

Cheers,  chris