From:
Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:04:17 +0000
Robin Fairbairns writes:
 > i've today been told that "converting whole documents to pdf is
 > entirely the wrong idea".
do they think Pinochet should be sent home too?

 > the imaging model is fine; there are those who don't think the
 > hypertextual model is good enough, it seems.  who am i to gainsay
 > them?  (i haven't been a `mathematician' since 1967, so i hardly

i'm slightly bemused to hear that mathematicians now require special
_hypertext_ as well as everything else. but I'd point out that a link
embedded in a PDF document should be able to be expressed in XPointer
syntax perfectly well, which helps a little. I'd agree that internally
the PDF model is simplistic - but then who *has* implemented anything
better in mainstream software?

sebastian