Sender:
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:46:34 +0000
From:
Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
On 25/03/2015 21:23, Karl Berry wrote:
>     saying words to the effect 'You better have a matching set of files'.
>
> I agree.  And my point is that a user cannot know if the files are in
> fact "matching" unless you specify actual information about the files
> used to build.  A random version string like "7.0.0" is not enough to
> technically verify.  A checksum (ideal), a file size (good enough in
> practice), something that is specific to the actual content is needed.
> Otherwise it's just a guess.

Worth bearing in mind that only a small group of people need to actually
generate the processed data file (currently me). However, I will look at
this. I'd rather go with an automated solution if possible, so will
examine \pdfmdfivesum and/or Lua-based file size grabbing rather than
hand-editing if at all possible.

> Regarding the name: I like unicode-letters.def.

OK, that change is easy.

Depending on the time taken to do the file sums, this may take a little
while. I'll mail the list once it is done and there is a DropBox
snapshot showing it.

Joseph