From:
Sebastian Rahtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:50:01 +0100
http://www.sil.org/sgml/xml.html

 > <http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40-970708/> (see, I am very helpful with ref's
 > :-). It concerns the dynamic behaviour of links, and stuff which I have not
 > studied yet in detail. (There is also this other movement with cgi-scripts
 > coming along now, which should perhaps be mentioned.)
agreed, the hypertex spec may need updating.

personally, i hope HTML 4 remains a gleam in the eye of Raggett and
chums and we are never plagued with it.

 >   I figure, then it does not belong in the LaTeX3 group anyway? So if you
just because you dont author in LaTeX doesnt mean you dont *use*
LaTeX. I'd like to author in SGML/XML, and use (La)TeX as my
formatting engine. does that make a renegade?

 > future development of electronic media. Hypermedia is taking off with such
 > a breakneck speed,
so people have been telling me for 10 years now.

 > future. On the other hand, if the resolution of graphical displays
 > increases, TeX still has provided some experiences for how to produce good
 > typesetting.
and TeX still has a great place for making printed pages back from the
hypermediazed stuff

Sebastian