Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:15:35 -0700
From: Donald Arseneau <[log in to unmask]>
Julius Smith <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> In any case, I believe my original suggestion remains a needed
> improvement.  To summarize that, after "input line 21", LaTeX should have
> printed "in file matlab1.tex".

Yes, it should.  The best way to handle this request is to post
a bug report by "latex latexbug" and following instructions.

LaTeX doesn't keep track of the input file name, but it would
be helpful for this and several other purposes to do so.

Donald Arseneau                          [log in to unmask]