Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:11:05 +0100
On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 12:15:49PM +0200, Frank Mittelbach wrote:

>  c) a set of mail quotes which i consider important for me decide whether to
>     carry on with this or stop (and rather get some sleep again)

You seem to me to have been quite remarkably courteous, rational and patient
in all your postings.
If anyone in the world could bridge what seems to me an unbridgeable gap
it must be you.

But David Carlisle raised one point which you don't seem to have taken into account.
He suggested (if I understood him correctly)
that modifying the LaTeX licence to make it "Debian-free"
would in fact adversely affect publishers and others presently using LaTeX.

If that is valid, it would sem to me to be a conclusive "counter-example"
which would mean one would hardly need to go into the details
of the purported proof ...

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: [log in to unmask]