Sender: Mailing list for the LaTeX3 project <[log in to unmask]>
From: Boris Veytsman <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:19:06 -0400
> Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:10:44 +0300 (EET DST)
> From: Apostolos Syropoulos <[log in to unmask]>

> My collegues here claim that Slackware is *the* best Linux distribution
> and we have three Slackware boxes (one on Alpha) that have a TeX

I really do not think that this list is the proper place to discuss
relative merits of different Linux distributions.

Let me tell you this. I used primarily Slackware from 1994 to
2000. Besides it, I used and supported Debian, RedHat, Corel Linux,
helped people with SuSE. I have been exposed in various degrees to
Ultrix, SunOS (pre-Solaris), Solaris, AIX, IRIX, HPUX, FreeBSD. Based
on my personal experience I rate Debian Linux the best among Linux
distributions I used and place it very high among Unix-like systems I
know. While it is an informed opinion, it is just this -- an opinion,
and your mileage may vary. Again, I do not think that this is a proper
place to continue this discussion.

--
Good luck

-Boris

Manly's Maxim:
        Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion
        with confidence.