From:
Andrew Parsloe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 16:09:24 +1200
Is there a simple way to distinguish -0 from 0 in l3fp?

I had been aligning left in a table a column of sines, +0 or -0 followed
by decimal point & digits. By adding an \hphantom{-} before the positive
numbers, they aligned nicely on the decimal point in the column, but
then along came -0. The simple conditional, "if !(number < 0) add
phantom", added the phantom and the column aligned like
  0
  0.5878
  -0
-0.5878
etc.
In the absence of formatted printing of numbers, -0 is a problem. Even a
built-in test for -0 would ease matters, since in any kind of formatted
printing of numbers 0 and -0 will generally require different handling.

As it is, I've had to test each fp for whether it is zero; if it is I
convert to a tl variable and test whether that is -0. This is clumsy.
Hence my opening question.

Andrew

---