David Suarez de Lis <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 20:22:49 +0200
Hi all!

My name is David Su\'arez de Lis and I am calling from Santiago de
Compostela (A Coru\~na, Spain), and I am engaged in my PhD in
Microparticle Physics.

I have been recently introduced to \LaTeX and I must say I really love it!
I have running emTeX 3.14159 [4b] installed and running (although still
missing some fonts, specially the EC package :) under my OS/2 Warp 4.0\ldots

As I have learned \LaTeX from a manual of \LaTeX~2.09\ meeting and (as I
am now) starting to learn \LaTeXe was a great pleasure! I find it ideal
and much more powerful and easy than the previous version.

Although I am obviously not a \TeX pert, I'd like to become involved in
the process of getting out and running \LaTeX3\ldots

Could someone tell me the address of the latest updated vol-task.tex?

Thanks!!

On another hand, I have to produce a small table with some results wich is
full of footnotes, which produces a somewhat unpleasant visual
effect\ldots

Unfortunately I cannot access yet to a good manual to see how
\footnoterule really works (a bit underground yet here in Spain). Is there
any easy way to produce the footnotes in two columns under the table? (The
table is obviously defined inside a minipage environment)

Thanks too!

Later!
\begin{verbatim}David@\end{verbatim}

--
David Suarez de Lis

| Theoretical Group on Low Dimensional Electrodynamics in Matter (TGLDEM) |
|        Daniel Baldomir Fernandez, Profesor titular                      |
|        Piotr Mlynarski, Assoc. Proffesor on leave...                    |
|        Moises Iglesias Gonzalez, BSc.Hons.                              |
|        Manuel Pereiro Lopez, BSc.Hons.                                  |
|        David Suarez de Lis, BSc.Hons.                                   |
|        Manuel Valladares Pernas, BSc.Hons.                              |
|                 Applied Physics Department                              |
|   T---G---L     Physics Faculty, University of Santiago de Compostela   |
|  /       /      Avda. das Ciencias, s/n, 15701,                         |
| D---E---M       Santiago de Compostela (A Corunna)                      |
|                 SPAIN, EU                                               |