Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:55:33 +0100
From:
Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard <[log in to unmask]>
Robin Fairbairns a écrit :
> i see no problem whatever with elie working on blue-sky developments.

Neither do I, maybe it wasn't clear enough form my previous messages. I would
see a problem however if the package was named just 'inputenc' (at least so
early) because I'm afraid it would cause confusion.

So to be clear : luainputenc solves a lot of problems even if it can't solve
them all atm, and I appreciate it (and the rest of Élie's work, while we're at
it). Renaming it too early as just 'inputenc' addresses a problem which is not
yet urgent, and can possibly cause some confusion, so it should be carefully
weighted whether renaming would solve more problems that it could possibly
create before taking any action.

> perhaps we should have a separate list for elie's work: people who feel
> the need to point out that today's code may become tomorrow's bugfest
> ... simply don't have to join the list.

I don't worry about tomorrow's bugfest because I am confident that Élie will
take care of it. I only worry about what's the best way to help users avoid
problems, or at least, know which problems are to be expected, while switching
to lualatex.

Manuel.