Sender:
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 17:02:48 +0100
From:
This is still not a `policy statement' but just to say that we are listening
hard and we do not entirely disagree with any of the arguments (even when they
are contradictory:-).

The Team is of course aware of the useful facilities provided by e-TeX and is
also in close contact with the omega developers.

Robin's summary of the current situation is very good and we are aware that we
need to provide a reasonably detailed and definite answer to (almost) his
question:

  how should we best proceed from here?

and that the answer should be, if possible, one that takes account of the needs
of different devlopers whilst avoiding the dangers of trying to be all things
to all devlopers.

Frank and Chris