Joseph Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:02:55 +0000
Paul Thompson wrote:
> I vote against \documenttype

It was just "for argument sake": I just wanted something as an example.
I don't like the adjacent "tt", for a start!

> \startdoc
> \docinit
> \initdocument
>
> Anything which sounds like the start of a document, but which is different from 2e, would be good.

I'd vaguely suggested that everything in a LaTeX3 document could perhaps
be inside a LaTeX3 environment.  Something as simple as :

\begin{LaTeX3}
\documentclass{article}

<etc>

\end{LaTeX3}

This would avoid needing to change anything else for arbitrary reasons.
It would also give a method to change things more easily in the future.
However, it was really the general idea I was after: I suspect this type
of detail is a long way off.